Why Is It Important To Shave Before Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
In the following, we will be discussing an important topic that is “Why is it important to shave before your laser hair removal treatment” and will discuss it in detail within the article. The Laser Hair Removal specialists always suggest that their clients shave before having laser hair removal. At first, this may seem like a counterintuitive move. But if you consider how laser hair removal technology works it actually makes a lot of sense.
Hair removal lasers work by targeting the melanin (color) in the hair follicle.
You want the laser to focus on the hair follicle underneath the skin for the most targeted, effective removal. By shaving the area which is going to be treated will actually help the laser focus beneath the skin and thus improve the results. By shaving off the hair above the surface of the skin, there’s also less risk of any sort of skin damage and the snaps of the laser are a little less painful.
When And How To Shave Before Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Following are some essential rules for shaving before laser hair removal:
- The ideal time to shave is the day before your treatment. The skin has had time to calm down if there was irritation and there hasn’t been enough time for regrowth.
- Cleanse and exfoliate first to remove dead skin cells that can build up on the razor.
- Don’t forget to lather up with a shaving gel that’s hydrating and provides good lubrication so the razor glides smoothly. If you don’t have shaving cream on hand, hair conditioner is a better option for shaving than soap.
- Use a new, clean razor to minimize the risk of infection if you cut yourself.
- The health team at Cleveland Clinic recommends that you stick to lukewarm or cool water while shaving. If you drench yourself in hot water right before shaving, the skin will be too soft and prone to nicks.
- If your skin tends to get irritated after shaving, an electric razor may be the best way to shave. You will easily be able to shave the hair off at the surface with a very blunt cut. This minimizes the risk of ingrown hairs as the treated follicle makes its way out from underneath the skin.
Why You Don’t Want To Wax, Pluck, Or Use Depilatory Creams
If you typically wax, tweeze, or use depilatory creams to get rid of unwanted hair, you’ll have to put the process on hold. Waxing completely removes the hair so there’s no melanin for the laser to target. Same goes for plucking.
Depilatory creams can dissolve part of the hair shaft below the skin surface, which means there’s less melanin to target compared to shaving.
If you want to give laser hair removal a try, check out our happy hour and monthly specials to see if it’s one of the discounted treatments. No matter what, laser hair removal is ultimately much more affordable than shaving the rest of your life and much, much more convenient. Regarding this Laser hair removal in dwarka are do their job so well.